The Robbins' Family

The Robbins' Family
Chase(11), Jianna(8), and AJ(13)

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Block Party and our Thanksgiving

Seems I have lots going on since my life slowed down. Actually, it has slowed down and been a lot of fun since my job is now unpacking my life and purging through anything not necessary. I recently heard a commentator for some daytime show talking about hoarders and how to NOT become one. So, I stopped unpacking, grabbed a cup of coffee and thought,, this could be interesting. I'm surrounded by stuff, boxes are winning 10 to 1, and we're going to listen to a show about organizing my life!! By mid show, I was compelled to start back to work determined not to let my stuff control me! I felt sooo much better considering I'm not as bad as I could be and well,,,it was free therapy. One take away line was when he said how to sort through your stuff. He said" just pick a random drawer or BOX(emphasis mine), dump it on the floor and then put away only the stuff you need". He determined this by saying, anything that is not adding value to your life RIGHT NOW should go. Well, that narrows it down. None of my stuff really adds value to my life. The bible says where your heart is, that is where your treasure is and I think about that and I know that my family and friends are definitely my treasures and all this stuff is just, well,,, stuff. Sort of made me put things in a different perspective, helped me let go of the things not adding value to my life and drive away later that day with full boxes to donate. At the end of the day, I gained a living room and a changed heart. Yes, we can actually walk into the living room now,,,yippee!!
As for the adventures for our family since my first post,we were invited to a "low country boil" and oyster roast from our next door neighbor Robbie. He was turning 40 and it was a good chance to meet some of the neighbors. We had a great time and felt like we were camping in our own backyard with a campfire, and the woods right there under the stars. They cook the oysters over the campfire with a grate and big burlap sacks that are wet. The "low boil' is done in a turkey fryer looking thing and had shrimp,onions,potatoes,corn on the cob, sausage and stuff in it. Very yummy. Have to say it was awesome.


Neighbor Robbie prepping the fire and the oysters..



The Fire......or in Georgia   the furrrrr..

Just swinging!


Don't let go!!

Yummy oysters!!

We managed to cook a turkey and have our Thanksgiving the following weekend and were all stuffed and happy.

We left Friday for a quick tourist type trip to Atlanta. We visited the Aquarium and the World of Coke. I would definitely recommend them both. At the world of coke the fun part was tasting all the sodas from around the world in this big room with nothing but plastic cups, soda dispensers and a very sticky floor.There were 60 flavors in that room,,think I was sick after like 20! One of my favorites was from South Africa,"Bibo", and our least favorite hands down was "Beverly" from Italy. It literally tasted like you were sucking on an aspirin..YUCK...

 Checkin' it all out at the aquarium...
Jianna, AJ, and Chase
 I dare you to try all 60+ flavors!


I think I need to burp.....

No comments:

Post a Comment