So, now on to the good stuff. We left Las Vegas on November 14th full of excitement and a little restless. After all, it's been a whirlwind for all of 2011, and the moment has finally arrived. What would I do without the constant "to do" list and my crazy color coordinated calendar? You all who have seen this are laughing right now.
We arrived at the airport with 3 kids, 1 stressed out dog complete with airport approved carrier bigger than I can carry, 6 checked bags, 4 carry ons, 4 backpacks, one purse...whewwww. We say our goodbyes to Jessie and head for the gate.And of course, Jianna was the winner of a complimentary personal screening. I told her she should be that lucky and win us the lottery! But instead of being annoyed, I just smile. Of course we would have this happen...really? Once on board, we check 2 of the 4 bags because they are too big,,,oh darn...Up side,, no charge for this service and at this point I don't even care if it makes it to Savannah! I think every person on the plane thinks I'm crazy or feels mildly sorry for me as I am sweating trying to get everyone seated and fight the bags. And we are the next to the last row on the plane that has like 40 rows. You get the picture... Comical really if you think about it however, not in the moment.
Next it's refreshment time and yup,, you guessed it, on of my kids dumped there entire drink on their lap. No worries,, we have so much carry on I have the pj's from last night stuffed in a carry on! See,, a good reason to have a carry on!! Problem,,, have to walk through Atlanta airport in pajamas...Still smiling though!!
When we finally arrive,,on time I might add,, we were so excited to see Rob. He was hiding behind a pillar and jumped out to surprise us. It was awesome and the kids were sooooo excited!! This is the picture right then of them.
AJ, Chase, Daddy, Jianna
I'm so happy you have a blog!! It looks great! Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures in Georgia.....love you all!
ReplyDeleteI need to check out your blog more often. What a GREAT way to stay up to date. I know Grammy would love this so I'll see if I can get her over here. I think she'd feel closer to her long distance grandkids .... great idea, Sandie! Love & Miss You Guys:) Hugs, Aunt Julie
ReplyDelete