The Robbins' Family

The Robbins' Family
Chase(11), Jianna(8), and AJ(13)

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Summer 2012

 Chase and AJ first day of 7th and 9th grade
 Jianna first day of 5th grade

Jianna and friend Ashton walking up our street to bus stop
Hello everyone! Wow time flies by! Wish I was better at this, but thanks for your patience. So, I left off in the spring and now here we are and school has already started as of August 3rd. A huge adjustment for my kids. They still want to be on vacation. Can't say I blame them. It's feeling like summer too much to think about homework! I took a few pictures of the first day of school. I have an elementary, middle school and yes,,,one high schooler!
But, I should head back to where I left off..in the spring. Baseball was in full swing and we had our first homerun for Chase. A very exciting day and overall his team did well, placing 4th in the season.
Jianna was selected for 10u all stars and participated with her team in several tournaments. Some of the girls were also from her travel team so she had a great time and we were very proud of her.
In May, AJ had his 8th grade dance and end of year activities. After the dance the kids all hung out at Fro Yo...for those that need translation,, thats frozen yogurt. He had a great time.
 AJ,looking handsome!
the gang at Lovin'Spoons
AJ and good friend Chesney and the nice corrsaige..


So, on to June...School was out may 18th and we  left for our vegas vacation may 30th. It went by really fast but we managed to visit a little with almost everyone we could get in, in 2 weeks. We went to California for a long weekend and saw our family there. So hard to say goodbye to cousins,aunties and especially Nana.

Chase(11),AJ(13),Ryan(12),Luke(3)Abby(5),Jianna(9),and Makayla(8)


Me and Nana Shirley

Once we were home we were busy with AJ and his Summer Baseball program preparing him for high school baseball. It was really fun to see him on the big field and he did well with the transition. He mostly was back at 2nd base and he did great. We just didn't get too many games in due to the daily thunderstorms we have here. It was crazy that from end of May to end of June it, almost rained everyday! Except for cancelling baseball, the storms are cool!
The first week of July Rob finally had vacation so we loaded up the kids, the dog and we headed to Florida. We hung out as a family at the beach everyday. It was in a town called Ponte Vedra Beach, FL and they allow dogs on the beach after 5pm. Jessie slowly got over her phobia of water and even swam a little in the ocean.


A fort in St. Augustine, Fl


The rest of the summer was a lot of play and squeaking out as much fun as possible. Our good friends the Collins from Las Vegas were heading to Florida for a vacation the first week of school, so I did what I hope my kids know is a cool mom thing. I let them skip school on Friday the 10th and we left at 4am and drove down to Clearwater, Fl and had more fun in the sun. Aj and Nik were inseperable and I thought to myself,,that's a life long friendship I'm proud to be a part of.Barb, Nik's mom, and I had many laughs watching them all interact. Nik is one more big bro to Chase and Jianna.

 Still not sure if Chase read that shirt prior to the picture,,,but the irony of it is priceless..
What goofy kids.....

Well, that's about all. Hope you enjoyed the pictures and the update. Miss you all.. Sandie

No comments:

Post a Comment